Wednesday 18 November 2015

#TBT (A little Early) ~ Shaking the Family Tree

An early #TBT ~  A family photo from many many moons ago, from my cousin's wedding.  




This is a photo of a photo that a relative sent me a while back. My Dad had a copy of this photo in his hutch for many years.  I'll have to get a proper scan done of it when I get the photos unpacked. 

Uncle Cal is on the left,  the eldest brother -  My dad on the right, and Aunt Eileen, Aunt Hazel, Uncle Bobby,  Aunt Muriel or "Toots" as everybody called her, and Aunt Bonnie.   

Also no longer with us, Aunt Catherine (Auntie Kay).  Only 2 remain. 
Sadly, everyone in this photo is no longer with us.  Today marks the anniversary of the day that Uncle Cal passed away.  So hard to believe that 4 years have already flown by.    

They were all so young then..  I think I was just 8 years old when this photo was taken.   

I find myself thinking of all the stories Dad would share with us on what it was like growing up in a large family.  His stories of meal times were always great for a giggle.  With 10 kids in the house, though some would have been grown and gone by the time the little ones came.. but still..  I call my house a zoo.. I cannot even imagine having so many kids! 







No comments: